On Mon, May 11, 2020 at 2:25 PM Paul Winalski wrote: > This ought to be easy to fix using a compiler command line option for > the legacy behavior. Many C compilers do this already to support K&R > semantics vs. standard C semantics. > Hrrrumph Point taken but ... C++ is an example in my mind of not listening to Dennis' words: - “C is quirky, flawed, and an enormous success.” - “When I read commentary about suggestions for where C should go, I often think back and give thanks that it wasn't developed under the advice of a worldwide crowd.” - “A language that doesn't have everything is actually easier to program in than some that do”