On Sat, Sep 14, 2019 at 10:19 PM Jon Steinhart wrote: > On Fri, Sep 13, 2019 at 7:31 PM wrote: > > > There needs to be a book with stuff like this. There is no Unix history > > book that I have ever seen with the depth of information in threads like > > this and others on TUHS. It would be a huge project and hard to tell if > > there would me more than just recognition and intrinsic rewards for the > > effort -- but maybe that is enough. > > So having just finished a book project and therefore having a bit of a clue > as to what it would take, I'd be willing to take a stab at coordinating a > project like this. But it's not clear to me what the audience should be. > Many of the folks on this list are obsessive with details that matter to, > well, only people on this list. To make a good book I think that it would > have to trace the major paths, innovations, and people. In any case, this > would be easy - just write whatever you want and wait for Clem to correct > you and fill in the details :-) > > Jon > With friends like Jon ... -- Sent from a handheld expect more typos than usual