On Fri, Jul 24, 2020 at 12:39 PM Random832 wrote: > On Fri, Jul 24, 2020, at 00:54, Paul Riley wrote: > > Noel, > > > > Thanks for your reply. > > > > I had suspected that the Unix behaviour was responsible, and you've > > made that clear with the "line at a time" assertion. I tried removing > > echo in STTY, but haven't tried raw. > > You'll have a hard time exiting your program if you use raw mode - cbreak > should be enough, and in that case ctrl-c will still work [but even in > cbreak mode I believe there is no way to send "EOF".] > There is no such thing as cbreak in sixth edition. http://man.cat-v.org/unix-6th/1/stty It's raw or cooked. Life is more interesting ;-) Good luck