Reading Lar's emacs thread refilled the memory cache: s/Toolkit/ToolChest/ ᐧ On Tue, Jun 11, 2019 at 1:12 PM Clem Cole wrote: > I thought much of the exptools went into something whos name was like the > AT&T Unix Toolkit Library (that Summit maintained). It was subscription > oriented (you paid per tool, but had an unlimited license for it). This > was how Korn Shell for $2K and a few other things made it out of Bell - I > think that eventually, ditroff was moved there instead of being a separate > distribution. I've now forgotten many of the details - there was a > build/make replacement IIRC that was there also, many of the Jerq tools and > games like GBACA and some others were in there. Thinking about it much of > the support for Jerq (68000) and Teletype version (BLIT/We32000) may have > been in the Toolkit library. > ᐧ > > On Tue, Jun 11, 2019 at 1:03 PM Noel Chiappa > wrote: > >> > From: Mary Ann Horton >> >> > Warren's emacs would have been part of the Bell Labs 'exptools' >> > (experimental tools) package ... it's possible that's what you have. >> >> I don't think so; Warren had been a grad student in our group, and we got >> it >> on that basis. I'm pretty sure we didn't have termcap or any of that >> stuff. >> >> Noel >> >