👍 On Tue, Nov 3, 2020 at 10:49 AM Ron Natalie wrote: > This memory just came back to me. There was a UNIX disribution > (PWB/UNIX?) that had a program called 1. > It printed tis quaint bit of propaganda. > > One Bell System. It works. > > This was fine until one day I’m at work in a big bull pen computer room > when Bernie, one of my co-workers, shouts. > “What’s all this Bell System crud in the editor?” > > My reaction is, “Well, it’s all Bell System crud.” I walk over to his > terminal and find he is typing 1 repeatedly at the shell prompt and getting > the above message. (This was back in the old /bin/ed days where 1 got you > to the top of the file). I had to point out he wasn’t in the editor. > > Later that day, the program was changed to say: > > You’re not in the editor, Bernie. > > This I think made it into one of the BRL releases and occassionally got > inquiries as to who Bernie is. > >