make a new command, don't break the old one.... maybe offer a way to map the new one over the old -- but don't make it the default. and my lawn was lush and green before the snow came ;-) On Wed, Jan 8, 2020 at 9:07 PM Larry McVoy wrote: > On Wed, Jan 08, 2020 at 09:04:46PM -0500, Clem Cole wrote: > > On Wed, Jan 8, 2020 at 8:41 PM Bakul Shah wrote: > > > > > The first thing I do on a new machine is to install nvi. Very grateful > to > > > Keith Bostic for implementing it. I do use multiple windows ??? only > > > horizontal splits but that is good enough for me as all my terminal > > > windows are 80 chars wide. Not a vim hater but never saw the need. > > > > I pretty much do the same thing. I think what I hate about vim is that > it's > > almost, vi but not the same. My fingers screw up when I use it. For > > instance, he 'fixed' undo. > > Holy crap Clem, you need to embrace that. His undo goes back forever. > And you can undo the undo and go forward forever. > > Not liking that puts you in the "get off my lawn" old guy camp. Which > is fine if that's who you want to be (sometimes I'm that guy). >