On Fri, 18 Sep 2020 at 23:24, Paul Riley wrote: > > Team, > > I’ve read thru the FAQ and other sources regarding compatibility of > Research and other flavours on the PDP-11. I have two physical machines, an > 11/03 and an 11/23+. I’m choosing which version to use on each machine. > > Is LSX the only option on the 11/03, or could I run V6 or Mini-Unix with > more RAM? > > From the FAQ, it says V7 would support 11/23 with kernel recompilation, I > assume includes 11/23+. I see 2.11BSD would also run on a ‘23 (and + I > guess) with 1MB or more of RAM, so that would be preferred. I suppose 2.11 > would be preferable. > > I also have found another 11/23+ system from a seller here in China. > There’s the system, and a VT100, and a hard drive I can’t identify. Here’s > a photo, does anyone know what it is? I may bid for it... > > Paul > > *Paul Riley* > Ultrix 3.1 should support the 11/23+, which would give you memory support up to 4MB as well as support for TCP/IP if you have a DEQNA. I don't think 2.11BSD will run on anything without split I/D which the 23 does not have. Without a closer view of the label I doubt that anyone could give you a definite identification of that hard drive. -Henry