I seem to recall that LCC was also used, at least on 10th Ed. Am I imagining things, or was that real? On Sun, Apr 25, 2021 at 4:51 PM Norman Wilson wrote: > I was waiting to see whether Steve Johnson would speak > up, because I'm not much of an expert; but yes, the VAX > C compiler in V8/V9/V10 is pcc2. > > I think there are a few Research-specific hacks to add > additional stab info for pi(9.1) and on request insert > basic-block profiling for lcomp(1), but nothing major. > > Maybe we did some hacking on c2 as well. I know I did > a lot of c2 cleanup later in my personal hacking in > Toronto, but I don't think I did much if any in New > Jersey. But that's independent of the compiler (modulo, > I think, some of my later fixes discovered by using c2 > with a different compiler). > > Norman Wilson > Toronto ON >