On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 10:54 AM Clem Cole wrote: > Too bad, they did not use the UNIX tool kit like troff and eqn which are > described in the paper itself, to restore it. If you were going to the > trouble to make the 'md' file - it would have been just as easy to create > troff source. > In fairness, the Markdown renders directly from the github web UI, but I agree that using troff/eqn would have been nice. Surely it wouldn't be that hard to massage the markdown into troff markdown. Sigh ... get off my lawn ... > I don't even have a lawn and I'm similarly distressed at the lack of homage to the past. - Dan C. On Sun, Nov 29, 2020 at 10:17 PM Joachim via TUHS > wrote: > >> Apologies if this has already been linked here. >> >> "The UNIX Command Language is the first-ever paper published on the Unix >> shell. It was written by Ken Thompson in 1976." >> >> https://github.com/susam/tucl >> >> >> Joachim >> >