I believe Snyder was an MIT Master's thesis, finished in 1975[1]. There was a fair amount of C and compiler work at MIT LCS, perhaps JNC can post some info. I think Snyder's compiler was used for the MIT PC/IP[2] project; the links at BitSavers imply they are related. PC/IP brought TCP and clients to DOS 3 machines and was commercialized as FTP software and was one of the reasons for the creation of the MIT license[4]. BDS C[3] was done by an MIT drop-out, Leor Zolman. I bought my first motorcycle from him :) BDS C was used for the first implementations of MINCE (mince is not complete emacs -- those kinds of acronyms were popular) and Scribble, downsized clones of emacs and Scribe, respectively. [1] http://www.lcs.mit.edu/publications/specpub.php?id=717 [2] https://web.mit.edu/Saltzer/www/publications/pcip-1986.pdf [3] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BDS_C [4] https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/9263265