two hardin's sprint to mind. 1. phonetix 2. dont put your hands in tight places, remember you only have two. On Fri, Mar 20, 2020 at 5:29 PM Rob Pike wrote: > Anemometer cur chiffon. > > See if that rings any bells. > > -rob > > On Sat, Mar 21, 2020 at 11:17 AM John P. Linderman > wrote: > > > > If you enjoyed that, try this, apparently done in 1940. > > > > Ron and Bob were something else. I recall Bob "running for DMTS" by > handing out dimes in the Murray Hill cafeteria. > > > > On Fri, Mar 20, 2020 at 5:28 PM Mary Ann Horton wrote: > >> > >> I remember Ron! He was quite a character. And I remember festoon. > >> > >> Was it he, or Bob Flandrena, that gave us the holiday poetical and > phonetical treat: > >> > >> Tweeze Denied Beef Workers Isthmus > >> > >> (Say it out loud fast, with a pause in the middle of "Workers", to get > it). > >> > >> I think I have it on paper somewhere, but no soft copy. > >> > >> Mary Ann > >> > >> On 3/20/20 1:13 PM, Ed Bradford wrote: > >> > >> When I left BTL in 1983, I made a tar tape. A number of years later I > translated the tape into a file. Only recently have I wandered through it. > >> > >> I don't know how many people remember Ron Hardin in the Columbus BTL > location. He was one of the smartest guys I ever met. There are lot of Ron > Hardin stories. One of his creations (as far as I know he authored it) was > a program to create Memorandums For File -- technical memorandums. My tar > tape scooped up festoon. To this day it compiles and runs happily on > Windows 10. It was written in 1978 or thereabouts. Here is an example > output: > >> > >> bin$ festoon.exe .TL No Worthynesses .AU "C. C. Festoon" CCF > Headquarters 1584734291 .AS A restriction had been being amicated by a > convenience at the inclusion. .AE .MT "MEMORANDUM FOR COAT LOCKER" .hy 1 On > this occasion, no team responsibilities could have polyesced a renewed > emphasis. A friction had penated an activation. At the present moment in > time, an undue number of good progresses being collected together with the > populations were being proportionately fideated by the fact that there was > a data stream which was transenniesced by an issuance being joined together > with these team re sponsibilities, because natural basises have been > veriating a partitioning. The supplementary work should be conclusively > quinquepolyated by a well defined interfacing. A sophisticatedness by a > schedule is operated by a nature in conflict with a correspondence under > some serious discussi ons. It is within the realm of possibility that the > effectiveness had vicfacesced a schedule, but there was not a necessary > background information which is being testesced by a strong interest, and a > statistical accuracy was tempoesced by the preparation. It should be noted > that a joint partnership very repeatedly aidioated this publication of a > centralized organization. Due to the fact that there is a simplification > which simply enniesced a process, a new technology is fluxesced from > monorogatities. It is of the utmost importance that an insurance could be > putated by an assumption. A major advance centered about a deficiency > octocessates an important outcome. .P An effectation would extramicroate to > the situation. A complete revision gravated a direction. Inasmuch as there > was not a potential usefulness that cedeates by the timely delivery, a > consideration centered around a technique was monofortated by an > integration: .BL .LI There is a not unclear meterdom which had risiesced an > occasion. .LE .P A clamstress of this enclosedness is cludescing the > hemidormity. .P To arrive at an approximation, a large quantity had been > chromated by a strong feeling. Moreover, that idea sharing was lusated by a > current proposal. Anytime that the final outcomes had been very firmly > unpathesced by not unphilaible reasonable compromises, no serious concerns > might be being sacrated by internal establishments for the basic objectives > in back of a full utili zation. .P As a consequence of the fact that a > total effect might vacate an easily situational beneficial assistance, the > apparent provisioning being effectuated by a continuing difference can have > protenesced a realization of an underly ing purpose. A different doubtful > important outcome is cludated by a capkin. A rationale had fortated > attachments. Moreover, this assumption had nilcoresced the continuing > study. .P .H 1 "An Easily Added Basic Assumption Being Joined Together With > A Concept Stage" There is not an impediment which neoated a restriction, > therefore. A couple utilizations could morsate a great similarity at > considerable difficulties, but an input is primescing the concept > activities, and a growing importance was hemicisesced by that beneficial > assistance. In the same connection, these extremenesses are rather usefully > ultralucesced by directions. .SG .NS 0 C. R. Glitch S. A. Hobble R. S. Limn > M. Shayegan > >> .NE > >> > >> Ed Bradford, Ph.D. Physics, retired from IBM > >> BTL 1976-1983 > >> > >> -- > >> Advice is judged by results, not by intentions. > >> Cicero > >> >