Hi, I had a disk in my 11/83 that I'd set up for autoboot. The pdp11 would load block 0, load /boot and happily count down 5 seconds, then continue on with kernel loading & regular bringing up of the system to multiuser. That was cool! So I pulled that disk out and plugged it into my other system with a dual height 11/73 (this system has same CMD CQD-200 scsi controller) and it gets to the countdown part and stops! I'm wondering why. The initial bootblock load is apparently fine and loading and running of boot is happening.. its just that the countdown stays stuck at five and I have to hit to get it to boot (and the rest of the boot sequence is totally normal). I had a suspicion that maybe the clock isn't working on the 11/73. Would that make sense? Maybe boot is actually using a clock somehow? Maybe I have to check jumpers on the 11/73 to be sure its clock is enabled? Just thought I'd float the question here in case someone remembers this oddity before I start digging / "use the source." thx jake