Please let us know how you go with the Macs. The system interfaces have become more refractory lately, with virtual file systems a particular concern. -rob On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 4:11 AM Will Senn wrote: > On 2/22/21 10:41 AM, Jay Logue via TUHS wrote: > > Lately, I've been playing around in v6 unix and mini-unix with a goal of > better understanding how things work and maybe doing a little hacking. As > my fooling around progressed, it became clear that moving files into and > out of the v6 unix world was a bit tedious. So it occurred to me that > having a way to mount a v6 filesystem under linux or another modern unix > would be kind of ideal. At the same time it also occurred to me that > writing such a tool would be a great way to sink my teeth into the details > of old Unix code. > ... > As I expected, this was a fun and very educational project to work on. It > forced me to really understand what was going in the kernel (and to really > pay attention to what Lions was saying). It also gave me a little view > into what it was like to work on Unix back in the day. Hopefully someone > else will find my little self-education project useful as well. > > --Jay > > Yay! I for one, will appreciate this! > > Will >