I always thought Research 10th Edition was fantastic. Even the 8th edition was an improvement on most of its successors. But things flowed another way, with muddy streams mixing in. -rob On Tue, Aug 27, 2019 at 10:30 AM Larry McVoy wrote: > On Mon, Aug 26, 2019 at 08:19:45PM -0400, Arthur Krewat wrote: > > On 8/26/2019 7:56 PM, William Pechter wrote: > > >ZFS > > > > Here, here! > > I really don't understand the love for ZFS. I hired Bonwick and I > hired Moore, I had high expectations but they were all dashed when I > realized ZFS doesn't use the page cache. That's so crazy busted I lost > all interest in ZFS. ZFS took us back to HP-UX mmap semantics. >