Hi Warner, Just a few minor corrections. 1. slide 21: s/Murrey Hill/Murray Hill/ 2. slide 18: s/IOCC/&C/ 3. slide 28: s/strippe down/stripped down/; s/IOCC/&C/ Now I know why the domain name is ioccc.org and not iocc.org. Well-crafted obfuscated C is nothing if not...unorthodox. I hadn't even heard of VENIX before--great archeology! As you lusted for that OS back in the '80s, I lusted after the Rainbow 100 itself, and found it cool for the same reasons you did. The flexibility of the system was appealing, keeping a bridge to my Z80 origins and the x86 juggernaut. As it happened I wound up with a 6809 machine running OS/9, and got Unix-like exposure without even knowing it (the text editor, T/S Edit, was a vi clone, and the "word processor", T/S Word, a *roff clone). And best of all, that machine taught me how to store multibyte integers correctly. x86's worst-ever implementation of memory segmentation put me off of assembly programming for years. When I finally saw sensible segmentation combined with hardware memory protection, the universe made sense again. You have a wealth of great material here and I think you will surprise some people. Regards, Branden On Fri, Sep 13, 2019 at 1:21 PM Warner Losh wrote: > OK. I've shared my slides for the talk. > > Some of the family trees are simplified (V7 doesn't have room for all its > ports, for example) > Some of it is a little cheeseball since I'm also trying to be witty and > entertaining (we'll see how that goes). > Please don't share them around until after my talk on the September 20th > > I'd like feedback on the bits I got wrong. Or left out. Or if you're in > this and don't want to be, etc. > > All the slides after the Questions slide won't be presented and will > likely be deleted. > > > https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/177KxOif5oHARyIdZHDq-OO67_GVtMkzIAlDX-cHxgb4/edit?usp=sharing > > Please be kind (but if it sucks, please do tell). I've turned on > commenting on the slides. Probably best if you comment there. > > I have a video of me giving this talk, but it's too rough to share... > > Thanks for any help you can give me. > > Warner >