On Sun, Jul 18, 2021 at 4:17 PM Deborah Scherrer < dscherrer@solar.stanford.edu> wrote: > It is indeed Mount Z-eye-nu. (I used to be its President. ;-) ) > Excellent! That's how I'd always heard it. Glad to know it's right. Ed is living in the Walnut Creek area. He has indeed retired and he and > his wife do indeed do a lot of sailing. > Great! Thanks for the somewhat authoritative answer :) Warner > Deborah > > On 7/18/21 1:44 PM, Norman Wilson wrote: > > Unlike most here, I always pronounced Mt Xinu with an > > eye, not an eee. I don't know where I got that, though. > > > > I did know Ed Gould via USENIX and DECUS, but that doesn't > > make my pronunciation correct. > > > > As an aside, anyone know where Ed is these days or how he's > > doing? I last saw him at a USENIX conference, probably in > > San Jose in 2013 but I'm not sure. He showed up just for the > > reception; he'd retired, and had cut away most of his famous > > beard because he was spending a lot of time sailing and it > > got in the way. > > > > Norman Wilson > > Toronto ON >