On Fri, May 15, 2020, 2:35 PM Doug McIlroy wrote: > > I feel the essence of object-oriented computing > > is not operator overloading but the representation of behavior. > > Rob is right. Overloading is a universal characteristic > of OO programming, but not the essence. > I've viewed the essence as everything is an object and I can send messages to objects. From there, many different styles flow as different efforts leveraged different means and methods to purport to achieve that goal. Warner >