OK. I've written a script to take the 2.11BSD pl 195 tape and reverse apply all the patches that we have to get back to 2.11BSD original. There's some problems. The biggest one is that ld.c was rewritten during this series and what it replaced is lost. And the 2.10.1 ld.c isn't what's in 2.11BSD and the patches to get from 2.10.1 to 2.11 don't seem to be out there. And the other patches in the series make it clear that patches are missing. 2.11BSD likely will work with 2.10.1's ld, so this isn't fatal. There's 122 other files that I recovered from 2.10.1. Almost all of those are a good guess, if not what's actually in 2.11. Many of these can be verified via other means. Some of these can be snagged from comp.bugs.2bsd (that's how as was recovered). There's a number of small cosmetic changes made via copying, some to get rid of redundant files, etc. I think these don't matter for the function of the system, but are small differences from the actual tape that shipped. I still need to try to still create a tape and try to compile. And forward apply all the patches and create a git repo from it. All things considered 99% of the files have been recovered at this point. It's early days, but I've pushed this to github for comments. http://github.com/bsdimp/mk211bsd It just assumes you have the Tuhs archive (including the new Usenet section) and that apout works on your computer. It works on FreeBSD for sure. No clue about anything else... Warner