On Tue, Sep 22, 2020 at 3:37 PM Noel Chiappa wrote: > > If you want multiple users on an -11/03, Mini-Unix would be an > option; > > zit doesn't support the -11/03 'out of the box', but looking at it, > it > > shouldn't be too hard. (Heinz mentioned that it had been done > before.) > > On thinking about it, I might do the -11/03 port of Mini-Unix for the hack > value; it looks like it should be a quick project (a couple of hours, much > of > which would be getting Mini-Unix set up; I'd use a simulator, my QBUS RK11 > emulator is broken at the moment). > > I think it should mostly just be some fairly straight-forward changes to > mch.s; I think all the C code would be fine. (Unless there's an > 'PS->integ' or > something hiding somewhere.) Also a few odds and ends, like a software > console > switch register (been there, done that). > > That would make the full power of Mini-Unix available to people with > -11/03's; > those are still fairly common, and reasonably cheap. (Unlike -11/05's.) > It's a > considerably more capable system than LSX: e.g. the tty driver is the full > V6 > one, and supports an arbitrary number of devices. > > > So my question is: had anyone else already done this (I don't want to waste > time replicating already-done work)? Also, would anyone have a use for it > if I > did it? If so, I'll put it up on a Web page when I'm done. (No, I _don't_ > use > Guthub, and have zero interest in learning how. I'd rather spend my > remaining > un-comitted neurons improving my ability to read feudal Japanese.) > There's several references to different miniunix patches in the AUSAM newletters... Any chance those are still around? They don't seem to be in the TUHS AUSAM archives, though... Warner