On Wed, Jun 26, 2019 at 12:01 PM wrote: > This is getting a little off topic ... > > There are still lots of motivated people. I found for myself that > working on security products is very motivating; you're developing > something > that people really NEED, that protects them and their assets, and > it's IMPORTANT, not just adding another shiny gadget onto Word or > whatever. > > So, do I care about code quality? Very much. My workplace does too. > > That said, work/life balance is a real issue. I work to feed my family > and keep a roof over their heads. Of course I want to enjoy my work > and feel value from it, but out of necessity I've spent a lot of time > where it wasn't so good. I'm fortunate that today it's good on both > ends. :-) > For me, work life balance dictates WHEN I do the work, not the work that I do. Warner