On Tue, Feb 9, 2021 at 6:41 PM Larry McVoy wrote: > Which is part of the reason we liked it. I loved SunOS 4.x but it was > also a uniprocessor kernel (Greg Limes tried to make it SMP but it was not > a kernel that wanted to be SMP). I loved it because I could understand > it and it was a bit more complex than v7. > David Barak and the OS group as Solbourne wwere able to do it for OS/MP. First as a ASMP kernel where CPU0 ran the unix kernel, but scheduled jobs for all the other CPUs, the as SMP where the kernel could run on any CPU with progressively finer locking on each release. Warner