On Sun, Jun 7, 2020 at 5:42 AM Paul Ruizendaal wrote: > > > On 6 Jun 2020, at 18:01, Clem Cole wrote: > > > > You mentioned that BBN Vax code did not use it. I've forgotten than how > parameters like IP addresses were passed down? I had thought that Rob had > it also in at least one version of the BBN code, as I remember talking to > him about it at one point; but I have frankly forgotten. > > In the surviving source code, BBN VAX TCP re-purposed the ‘mode’ parameter > of open() to be a pointer to a block with connection data (“struct con”). > Details are here: > https://www.tuhs.org/cgi-bin/utree.pl?file=BBN-Vax-TCP/doc/net.5.P That's... clever? Gross? I don't even know how I'd want to react to this... which likely means "too clever for its own good" :) In any event, I've created a short, 2:00 correction to my talk. I'll have the conference organizers tack onto the end before they upload it to youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uTjyfO6MM8 If people care :) Thanks everybody for corrections... Warner