On Thu, May 30, 2019 at 7:58 AM David wrote: > I think it was BSD 4.1 that added quotas to the disk system, and I was > just wondering if anyone ever used them, in academia or industry. As a user > and an admin I never used this and, while I thought it was interesting, > just figured that the users would sort it out amongst themselves. Which > they mostly did. So, anyone ever use this feature? The PDP-11 running RSTS/E 7.2 we had in high school had a quota of 100 blocks. It was almost enough to store three BASIC programs... At college, our VAX running 4.3BSD used the quota system, but it was weird in ways I can't recall now.... Maybe I couldn't logout when I was over quota, but I worked around that with telnet... Warner