On Wed, Aug 28, 2019, 12:19 AM Wesley Parish wrote: > Speaking of OSI stacks, I know 4.4BSD Lite came with some fragments of > one. OSI's dead and hardly mourned these days, but did anyone in the > Unix world ever get beyond the 4.4BSD fragmentary implementation? > The Wollongong Group has OSI for various flavors of Sustem V and System III running on the 3B* family, 386 and a few others. I recall setting them up for interop in the summer of 1989. Warner Wesley Parish > > > On 8/28/19, George Michaelson wrote: > > oh maybe I meant "streams" not "STREAMS" I always got confused if the > > original ritchie spec was upper or lower case. Charles Forsyth coded > > it into the York Uni Vaxen, worked fine. I left shortly after to do > > stuff at UCL, it only came back into my life when at UQ in Australia > > we got an ICL "certified" SYSV host and along side dead technology > > like RFS up it popped (I think ICL had coded an OSI stack we were > > testing) > > > > -G > > > < snip > >