My favorite example is a business trip my wife took. Her surname is Hsi which was "corrected" to His at the site she visited. Upon arrival it took her several *hours* to work out with the security folks that Ms Hsi was not impersonating Ms His. (That says as much about the security group as it does about autocorrect, I suppose.) Mike Markowski On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 9:38 AM Clem Cole wrote: > Amen. As a dyslexic (which most often shows when I'm typing as you folks > have experienced) autocorrect generally is a PITA. FWIW: Grammerly > works well for me. It underlines in dotted red and lets me look at what it > thinks it should be - where I can accept it or not. > > Doug -- I agree DWIM was just silly.... UCB's Pascal system (pix) tried > it also and let's just say it failed as I explain in a comment /answer on > quora ( > https://www.quora.com/When-you-are-programming-and-commit-a-minor-error-such-as-forgetting-a-semicolon-the-compiler-throws-an-error-and-makes-you-fix-it-for-yourself-Why-doesn-t-it-just-fix-it-by-itself-and-notify-you-of-the-fix-instead > ). > > Clem > >