The C in v7 is, canonically, the language described in K&R, right? I must be doing something dumb. I am getting Webb Miller’s “s” editor built there, and I am down to one function. /* chop_arg - chop a function's argument to a maximum length */ static chop_arg(fcn, arg, maxlen) int (*fcn)(); int maxlen; char *arg; { char save; save = arg[maxlen]; arg[maxlen] = '\0'; fcn(arg); arg[maxlen] = save; } This doesn’t like the function pointer. $ cc -c choparg.c choparg.c:11: Call of non-function So, uh, what is the obvious thing I am missing? How am I supposed to be passing function pointers in the C compiler that comes with v7? Adam