On Thursday, 7 March 2024 at 15:49:21 -0800, Larry McVoy wrote: > On Fri, Mar 08, 2024 at 10:39:20AM +1100, Dave Horsfall wrote: >> On Thu, 7 Mar 2024, Warner Losh wrote: >> >>> MIT had several that were used for ka9q and at least the Venix x86 port. >>> They supported the popular micros of the time. Various versions of them >>> survive to the present day. >> >> That reminds me: there was the Hi-Tech C Compiler for the Z-80 (CP/M); it >> was full ANSI (unlike BDS C which barely supported C). > > Some people like to hate on BDS C, I'm not one of them. It was a very > fast compiler compared to other C compilers +1. I started with BDS C in about 1980, when it came bundled with MINCE. It took me a long time before I used a real, standard C compiler. > My memory is BDS C did C just fine, but had a very non standard > standard I/O library. I had relearn stdio when I got to Unix. Yes, this matches my experience. Greg -- Sent from my desktop computer. Finger grog@lemis.com for PGP public key. See complete headers for address and phone numbers. This message is digitally signed. If your Microsoft mail program reports problems, please read http://lemis.com/broken-MUA.php