On Thursday, 4 April 2024 at 19:07:34 -0700, Larry McVoy wrote: > On Fri, Apr 05, 2024 at 12:37:22PM +1100, Dave Horsfall wrote: >> On Fri, 5 Apr 2024, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote: >> >>> Agreed. It was an essential tool when I was developing code. It just >>> seems funny to be asked about "memories" or "interesting". At an only >>> slightly different level, it would be like asking the same question >>> about, say, sh. >> >> Using C since the 70s (5/6/7/CP-M/SysIII/SysV/FreeBSD/Linux/Mac/etc), and >> I've never heard of it? >> >> Now installed on the Mac to see what it can do... > > It knows everything and lets you see that fast. make cscope was a thing > in my makefiles for decades. Indeed. The main FreeBSD kernel Makefile also includes a cscope target, and also TAGS (for Emacs), which is similar. Greg -- Sent from my desktop computer. Finger grog@lemis.com for PGP public key. See complete headers for address and phone numbers. This message is digitally signed. If your Microsoft mail program reports problems, please read http://lemis.com/broken-MUA.php