On 3/25/20 6:18 PM, Richard Salz wrote: > netcat ? Sure. netcat, et al., do make it possible to initiate outbound connections. Maybe it's the fog in my brain at the moment, but I don't see how to connect netcat's STDIO to another process cleanly. Maybe I need to think more about the following hypothetical example: · netcat's STDOUT to grep's STDIN · grep's STDOUT to netcat's STDIN Where netcat listens on a port and grep does some useful work over the stream coming through netcat. Thank you for prodding my brain Richard. -- Grant. . . . unix || die