On Thu, 11 Jul 2019, Warner Losh wrote: > Which model of the PDP-11?  I did ports of V6.5 (as I called it) > to the 11/34, 11/23, and 11/60, all of which had their oddities. > > And that wouldn't be Eunice, would it?  Or was that purely a DEC > product? > > Eunice came from Stanford and was sold by the Wollongong group, both as > a standalone thing, or as the TCP/IP subset... I'm unsure if others > licensed it or not (TGV did the TCP part, iirc, but enhanced it way more > than TWG did). Aha! Thanks for that background info. I still remember the conversation I had with my boss about running Eunice on their Vaxen: Me: "It makes VMS look civilised." He: "No, it makes it look like Unix." Me: "That's what I said!" Dunno what happened afterwards, because I was attracted to a commercial opportunity which paid much more and needed my Unix skills (otherwise I would've been supporting ancient COBOL programs). -- Dave