On Sun, 15 Sep 2019, Clem Cole wrote: > The order I learned them was -mm {PWB}, -ms {V7}, -man {V7}, -ms {Tek}, > -me {UCB}, -mS {MSCP}, -man {UCB version}.   I feel into -ms with a > couple of macros from -mS (.Li/Le for lists which were similar to MM's) > for big documents, and the UCB -man for really simple things.   It > becomes a 'less is more' sort of thing - -mm and too complicated and I > was not writing BTL tech memos, and after I did not my thesis, I did not > need Eric's work (which was perfect for a UCB thesis). For me it was ROFF (V5), -man (V6), -ms (V6). These days I don't need markup any more; the most complicated things I write are letters using TextEdit on the Mac, and C/Perl/etc with VI :-) Actually on the odd occasion I need markup it's "groff -ms -Tps" on the FreeBSD box. -- Dave