On Sun, 15 Sep 2019, Clem Cole wrote: > And this is the biggest issue.  And I have observed (maybe I'm wrong - > but it seems to me ...) that the people that I know today, that dislike > Peter's work dislike that Linux is not huge part of it.   Or more > importantly that it was the emergence of the Internet and UNIX that were > enablers for Linux.   As Jon has suggested, it should not be Gnu/Linux > but rather Internet/Linux. Indeed, and not a few Linux users hate it being pointed out that Unix was first. If it was not for Unix, we would not have Linux (because you had to pay for Unix). And my pet theory is that if it was not for Unix, we would all be running some version of Windoze, and loving it... -- Dave