On Mon, 16 Sep 2019, Clem Cole wrote: > > However, please note that more(1) also was inspired by, almost > > copied from, ITS.  Certainly the prompt --More-- is. > > Absolutely.  A friend of mine/fellow UCB grad student, Eric Shienbrood, > wrote it.  He was a MIT undergrad. And Eric happily said it was modeled > from ITS. And before, Eric wrote it, UNIX lacked anything like it.  >  Which to me is fine, taking an idea from another system to add a new > feature that is lacking. Am I the only one who remembers the old "pg" program? It seems to have disappeared. -- Dave