On Mon, 6 Jul 2020, Grant Taylor via COFF wrote: > I see this type of change happen — in my not so humble opinion — /way/ > /too/ /often/. It is the nature of unmoderated mailing lists that topics will drift over time until someone jumps in to change the Subject: (and it really ought to be a new thread) and hope that others will take the hint. Yes, I'm just as guilty as others; then again, I've also changed the subject when I realise my transgression. > So, I'm wondering if people are interested in configuring TUHS and / or > COFF mailing list (Mailman) with topics. That way people could > subscribe to the topics that they are interested in and not receive > copies of topics they aren't interested in. They would then need to see what new topics come up from time to time... > I'm assuming that TUHS and COFF are still on Mailman mailing lists and > that Warren would be amicable to such. I believe they are on Mailman, but I have little experience with running it. > To clarify, it would still be the same mailing list(s) as they exist > today. They would just have the to be utilized option of picking > interesting topics. Where topics would be based on keywords in the > message body. On one list I use, a predecessor of it used to require a subject tag in the form [Blah] (taken from a set of known tags); I've always hated that, but I'm still in the habit of putting my own tag there as a hint. -- Dave