On Thu, 1 Apr 2021, John Cowan wrote: [ Me thinking of using BDB for editor data structures ] > I'd use SQLite nowadays, because it takes extraordinary care to make > sure that no data is lost short of disk failure.  It is considerably > more robust than the underlying filesystem, and runs embedded in its > process.  It also means you can readily carry about arbitrary data in > additional columns; for example, you could make line marks persistent, > including dot. Good point; thanks. I'd forgotten about SQLite... I doubt if I'll be writing a new editor any time soon though (VI works just fine) but was planning on incorporating it in a project I'm working on. -- Dave