On Mon, 2 Aug 2021, Adam Thornton wrote: > > >> On Aug 2, 2021, at 5:20 PM, Bakul Shah wrote: >> >> On Aug 2, 2021, at 2:25 PM, Dan Cross wrote: >>> >>> Fork has served us well for more than five decades; I've got no argument with that. However, should we never question whether it continues to be the right, or best, abstraction as the environment around it continues to evolve? >> >> An os with no fork() can be used to reimplement fork() for backward >> compatibility. You will anyway need all the things fork() used to do >> in this brave new world. > > Oh man, now I’m having flashbacks to early Cygwin and what was that, DJGPP for OS/2? > > Well, I picked a lousy week to give up sniffing glue anyway. > > Adam EMX. -uso.