On 6/23/19 5:52 PM, Arthur Krewat wrote: > Does the AT&T have a serial port? > > Kermit would be the way I'd go, but since you say you have nothing with > serial ports, that could be a problem. A cheap usb-to-serial port might > be in order. Then you can run Kermit 95 on a Windows 7 or earlier > machine. (might work on later OS's too, but it's not supported) > > The flip side is how to get Kermit onto the DOS machine. Does Kermit have an option like INTERLNK & INTERSVR have where you can run a "copy COM1 INTERxxx.EXE" to push the software across the serial port? I wonder what the requirements are for INTERLNK & INTERSVR. I don't know if they would go back to (MS-)DOS 2.11 or not. > I used a floppy recovery service a while back to read my old Commodore > 64/PET disks - he was relatively inexpensive, and very responsive. > > http://retrofloppy.com/ If the machine is able to read the files without error, then a recovery service might not be necessary. IMHO it's a question of getting one or more copies onto something else so that the existing floppy isn't the only copy. -- Grant. . . . unix || die