This memory just came back to me. There was a UNIX disribution (PWB/UNIX?) that had a program called 1. It printed tis quaint bit of propaganda. One Bell System. It works. This was fine until one day I’m at work in a big bull pen computer room when Bernie, one of my co-workers, shouts. “What’s all this Bell System crud in the editor?” My reaction is, “Well, it’s all Bell System crud.” I walk over to his terminal and find he is typing 1 repeatedly at the shell prompt and getting the above message. (This was back in the old /bin/ed days where 1 got you to the top of the file). I had to point out he wasn’t in the editor. Later that day, the program was changed to say: You’re not in the editor, Bernie. This I think made it into one of the BRL releases and occassionally got inquiries as to who Bernie is.