At Mon, 6 Jan 2020 17:39:39 -0700, Warner Losh wrote: Subject: Re: [TUHS] # (was Re: sh: cmd | >file) > > > Or you might have cut and paste the commands from a script to test > something, or to redo something by hand that failed for some reason. Cut & Paste? Most of us couldn't do that until the very late 1980's at earliest! The poor man's cut&paste was to do something like 'sed -n 3,9p script | sh', but I don't think I ever did that with csh in the days when a '#' comment was for scripts only, so I don't know if old csh treated a pipe on stdin as a script or not. -- Greg A. Woods Kelowna, BC +1 250 762-7675 RoboHack Planix, Inc. Avoncote Farms