At Fri, 13 Mar 2020 11:36:47 +1100, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote: Subject: Re: [TUHS] Command line options and complexity > > On Thursday, 12 March 2020 at 16:22:01 +1100, Dave Horsfall wrote: > > On Thu, 12 Mar 2020, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote: > > > > > > And then there's the question why you don't like the standard output. > > > Because the number strings are too long and difficult to read, maybe? > > > That's the rationale for the -, option. > > > > More than likely; as I approach age 68 I notice that I'm losing some > > cognitive facility... I might start using "," and see if I like it, but I > > see that the Mac doesn't have it (my Penguin is off the air at the > > moment), and having it as an environment variable would be nice. > > Yes, currently only FreeBSD has it. Because of course NetBSD has chosen a different option letter: 'M' Unfortunately on NetBSD and FreeBSD the appearance of commas (or whatever is appropriate) depends on the locale being correctly configured, and this is not always so easy to do! -- Greg A. Woods Kelowna, BC +1 250 762-7675 RoboHack Planix, Inc. Avoncote Farms