You could try gtk3-widget-factory from the gtk+3-demo package. On Page 3 there is a TreeView (is it the same?) that is working for me, they change if i switch the gtk theme. Which gtk theme do you use currently? Am Mittwoch, 16. September 2015 19:05:43 UTC+2 schrieb Donald Allen: > > I have written a personal finance manager (which I call Newcash and which > I will be releasing on github as soon as I finish the documentation). It is > gtk+3-based and makes use of gtk's treeview to display the tree of > accounts. This display normally has little arrows to the left of expandable > accounts (those accounts in the tree with children). It works correctly on > Arch Linux, Linux Mint, OpenBSD, FreeBSD and I may have forgotten something > on which I've tested it. The arrows are missing when I run the application > on a newly installed Void system. Clicking in the area of the missing > arrows does expand the account, so that functionality works, but the lack > of the display of those little icons is unacceptable. I suspect it's due to > the font chosen by default, but that's pure speculation on my part. And > anticipating a question, yes, I did completely rebuild my application > having installed Void's gtk+3 and gtk+3-devel packages. > > I really like some of the ideas behind void (particularly the non-use of > systemd), but it feels like it's not quite ready for prime time. I realize > that putting a Linux distribution together is a huge amount of work > involving a gazillion details and so I'm not surprised that Void feels as > if it's not quite there yet, given its relative youth. >