On Thursday, September 17, 2015 at 10:11:42 AM UTC-4, Juan RP wrote: > > It is a bug that must be fixed... > I think there are a couple of additional issues relating to this: 1. When attempting to specify a network configuration (either the first or second time -- we agree that there ought to be just one), if you choose the wireless interface on a machine that has both, you are not given the option of specifying a static ip address (I use static ip addresses for all my Linux machines, so I can address them by names given in /etc/hosts for ssh, scp and rsync purposes). 2. When I do choose the wireless interface and specify the SSID for the wifi network in my home, 'wpa' as the encryption method, and supply the correct password, I get a an error message (I don't have the exact wording in front of me) saying that an attempt to acquire an ip address via dhcp failed. This exact process works correctly every day with our cell phones and tablets, so there's nothing wrong with the base station or its dhcp server I would suggest having a look at the OpenBSD installer. It is a model of quick, efficient system installation. Obviously it won't apply verbatim (since BSD disk partitioning is a world unto itself and it is a purely text-based installer, not curses-based), but I suspect a lot of it could be useful as a guide.