On Thursday, September 17, 2015 at 7:41:29 AM UTC-4, Donald Allen wrote: > > I have several USB drives that I use for backups and archives. I have > mount-points in my home directory and fstab entries that look like this: > > LABEL=Primary /home/dca/Primary > ext2 rw,noauto,user 0 1 > > Note the 'noauto' option. > > After adding these entries to the Void system's fstab (I routinely use > this on my Arch systems), I could not boot the system, getting an error > message of the form > > fsck.ext2: Unable to resolve 'Label=Primary' > > for those drives that are not physically plugged into the system. The > whole point of this is to permit these drives to come and go, to be plugged > into the system and mounted when I need them. Again, this works as expected > on Arch. It looks to me like the Void startup code is trying to fsck > everything mentioned in fstab, including noauto file-systems. I think this > is a bug. > The solution to this is to add the 'nofail' option to the fstab entries. I was fooled by Arch not complaining about missing file-systems without 'nofail'. I withdraw my comment above that Void's behavior is incorrect; with the added option, it works correctly.