Hello, Yesterday I updated the system using $ sudo xbps-install -Syu and recieved a large number of updated packages, including the 4.1.11_1 version of the kernel. Since then, when trying to launch MATLAB, I always get a segmentation fault: $ /usr/local/MATLAB/R2015b/bin/matlab MATLAB is selecting SOFTWARE OPENGL rendering. Segmentation fault I have never observed this happen before. I had a working installation of MATLAB before the update, and reinstalling the program does not help. I tried to figure out what is causing this with gdb: $ matlab -Dgdb MATLAB is selecting SOFTWARE OPENGL rendering. GNU gdb (GDB) 7.10 ... (gdb) run Starting program: /usr/local/MATLAB/R2015b/bin/glnxa64/MATLAB -prefersoftwareopengl [Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled] Using host libthread_db library "/usr/lib/libthread_db.so.1". Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault. 0x0000000000000000 in ?? () So it looks like the issue could be with the threading library. At this point I am not sure what to do. Any ideas? Thank you for the help, Jeremy Mason