Oh yes in that log in screen .. it looks like a little long white-ist box, click into there enter root then the password you gave it during installing it on VBox On Thursday, October 15, 2015 at 3:21:10 PM UTC-5, André Luiz Duarte de Queiroz wrote: > > Hi, I've just installed Void Linux in a virtual machine from its liveCD > (X86_64 version, with LXDE), for testing purposes; I'm looking for a distro > "systemd free" to, eventually, replace my current desktop system (Mageia) > and, so far, I'm very impressed and hopeful with Void Linux! Both liveCDs > I've got ('flavours' LXDE, and XFCE with "musl") run so fast they look > already installed in the HD! Quite impressive!! > > However, I've some doubts; after installed LXDE version at a VirtualBox > virtual machine, when trying o run it for the first time, I've found that > there was only root user defined; there's no common uses set during > installing process... > > In the initial screen, the system requires user login. I tried to login as > anon with default password, but it failed. I did login as root user (" su > "), with the password I set during installing (that text only installing > tool is much more simple than graphical tools I'm used with using Mageia > and other distros... but it works!). Being a KDE user (running Mageia), I'm > not used with LCDE sessions, and just don't know where/how to set a common > user, once login as "su" is not a good policy, even when working in a > virtual machine...! I couldn't find yet any graphical tool to set a new > user and other system settings, should I make this through a terminal? > > I have other doubts about setting the system, especially some related to > multi-language input in Void Linux (with ibus), but I shall wait to clarify > such topics after have solved basic settings of the system. > I look forward to have a sooner reply from you, folks! > Regards! >