I have several USB drives that I use for backups and archives. I have mount-points in my home directory and fstab entries that look like this: LABEL=Primary /home/dca/Primary ext2 rw,noauto,user 0 1 Note the 'noauto' option. After adding these entries to the Void system's fstab (I routinely use this on my Arch systems), I could not boot the system, getting an error message of the form fsck.ext2: Unable to resolve 'Label=Primary' for those drives that are not physically plugged into the system. The whole point of this is to permit these drives to come and go, to be plugged into the system and mounted when I need them. Again, this works as expected on Arch. It looks to me like the Void startup code is trying to fsck everything mentioned in fstab, including noauto file-systems. I think this is a bug.