Hi Peter Stephenson, Thank you very much for the guideline. I was hung up with the tags. I better ignore it for now. *Best Regards,Ahmad Ismail* On Wed, Aug 26, 2020 at 6:01 PM Peter Stephenson < p.w.stephenson@ntlworld.com> wrote: > > On 26 August 2020 at 12:28 Ahmad Ismail wrote: > > > > Hi Peter Stephenson, > > > > This is the first time I am using a mailing list. So, I am not sure > whether > > I am doing it correctly or not. > > > > Do I need to always refer to my previous mail or will you be able to > figure > > out my previous mails? > > Usually people quote the most relevant sections, but people won't > expect to be able to reconstruct the entire thread from a single email > > > Do I need to view my email and its correspondence from > > https://www.zsh.org/mla/ or everything will be in the inbox? > > If you're not on the list, people should copy you so you will see > everything (it's useful to mention if you're not on the list). > > If you are on the list, you'll get everything anyway. > > > Being said that, I tried: > > > > % scp hosts > > You're missing the point here. A tag is entirely an idea within the > completion system itself. Most commands you can just type > and it will complete for you. Only very occasionally do you > need to configure it do something else. When you do, > then you put commands involving tags in your intialisation file. > You never need to type them on the command line. > > So at this point, the completion system already knows various things > are possible --- a host name, a file, a username --- depending how > you're going to build the command line. The tags are just logical > names for these things. (The completion system does a bit > of guesswork about where to find things that are specific to > the scp command, so occasionally it needs a bit of help there.) > > If you're just starting from scratch with the completion system, i > suggest you just ignore tags for now. The system is designed so > most of the time it should "just work". > > If you find a case where you actually need to tell it to be cleverer, > that's the time to start thinking about tags. That would be a > case where multiple completions are possible, but you decide you > need to complete only one type of thing. That's a rather > advanced use. > > Until then, I should just try using the system "out of the box" > and see how that works for you. > > Cheers > pws >