I have asked this question on reddit afterwards. https://www.reddit.com/r/zsh/comments/jcju5h/extend_git_completion_function/ I got a solution from there. However, I am always looking for betterment. *Thanks and Best Regards,Ahmad Ismail* On Sat, Oct 17, 2020 at 9:24 PM Bart Schaefer wrote: > On Sat, Oct 17, 2020 at 1:33 AM Oliver Kiddle wrote: > > > > In this case, it's probably easier to tweak the original _git-diff > > function than to modify it from a wrapper. > > I was thinking there should be some way to implement this with a > zstyle by changing the program invoked by _call_program for the > "files" style, but I didn't have time to work out the incantation for > doing that in the nested subcommand context. >