Actually, now that I look again, he's using Zinit. The problem might be there. I'll have to test. On Sat, 10 Oct 2020 at 21:56, Marlon Richert wrote: > Hi, all! > > According to the [autoload documentation]( > http://zsh.sourceforge.net/Doc/Release/Shell-Builtin-Commands.html#index-autoload), > one should be able to pass it an absolute path: > > > If _name_ consists of an absolute path, the function is defined to load > from the file given (searching as usual for dump files in the given > location). > > However, I have a user reporting this to fail: > https://github.com/marlonrichert/zsh-edit/issues/1 > > What could cause this to happen? It works fine for me and we are both on > Zsh 5.8. > > Cheers, > > —Marlon > >