Unfortunately, I have autoremoveslash disabled (i.e. 'unsetopt autoremoveslash'), and prefer it that way for other things, so the trailing slash isn't removed when pressing enter. On Thu, May 28, 2020 at 4:53 PM Mikael Magnusson wrote: > On 5/28/20, Alan <8fvebtoeq87@gmail.com> wrote: > > Hi, > > > > I'm switching from bash to zsh and prefer bash's default behavior of not > > appending a slash when auto completing a symbolic link pointing to a > > directory. > > > > For example: > > $ mkdir directory > > $ ln -s directory symblink > > $ ls sym > > > > At this point, in bash, you would get: > > $ ls symblink > > > > In zsh, I'm getting: > > $ ls symblink/ > > > > Also, in bash, hitting a when the full symbolic link is already > > present would then append the slash to the symbolic link: > > $ ls symblink > > $ ls symblink/ > > > > Is there anyway to get this behavior with zsh? I looked through "man > > zshoptions" this time and couldn't find anything specific to this. > > If it makes you feel better, hitting enter will remove the / and just > run "ls symblink". (Although this makes no difference to ls unless you > also give -l). The / is just inserted temporarily in case you want to > continue typing/completing things inside the directory, but a space, > enter or movement etc will remove it again. This should be indicated > by a bold/standout font. > > -- > Mikael Magnusson >